To showcase excellence in low carbon and biodiversity initiatives and innovations.
This is the first of what will be an Annual Award. The winners will be announced at a special Awards Ceremony held on Sunday, 25 September and asked to make a short presentation before a high-profile audience. All organisations/individuals/households who have submitted entries will be invited to the ceremony.
Our Awards Ceremony will be held at the conclusion of our 2022 Canterbury Climate Action Festival, 23 September – 25 September, coinciding also with the national Great Big Green Week. As a UNFCCC COP accredited organisation, CCAP will ensure that the award winners receive significant national and international attention.
Entries for the Awards should be from organisations/ individuals/households based or residing in Canterbury District or elsewhere in Kent.
The aims of the award are to:
- Encourage cross sector collaboration in the fight against climate change
- Create a knowledge share of successful initiatives
- Support the transition to a low carbon economy
- Increase the environmental credentials of the winners
- Create a platform for environmental competition
- Engage with students and youth and encourage new ideas
- Provide important recognition for those who excel
- Promote Corporate Social Responsibility for local businesses
The Climate Action Awards will consist of two types of awards:
Climate Action Award (5 awards – one per category) and
Leaders in Innovation Award (5 awards – one per category)
The Five Categories
- Business – Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises, Corporates, Agriculture
- Education – Higher/Further
- Education – Secondary/Primary
- Community Action – Civil Society Organisations, Residents’ Associations, Faith Groups, Charities, Youth Groups
- Individual Action – “Carbon Heroes” – individuals/households who have made exceptional personal contribution in the fight against climate change.
The Criteria – Climate Action Awards
- Climate Action – must be a project that presents a reduction in carbon and/or increases biodiversity
- Quantifiable – supply evidence of the qualitative and quantitative impact of the initiative.
The Criteria – Leaders in Innovation Awards
- Innovative – provide detail of any innovations in the development or delivery of a carbon reducing or biodiversity solution.
To enter or nominate an entry for an award or awards, please complete the entry form which can be downloaded here and submitted by e-mail together with relevant photos of the project concerned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrants can apply for both categories up to a maximum of two entries i.e. one for each category. Entrants will need to provide a 50-word summary of their project with one photo, and this alone will be included for public viewing on the website, to highlight the good work being done.
Please note – the deadline for submission of entries is 31st July 2022