The Canterbury Climate Action Partnership, CCAP, which brings together community and civil society bodies, elected councillors, business, universities and educational institutions and faith organisations, and has official accreditation at the annual UN Climate Conferences, is launching its 2023 Canterbury Climate Action Awards for best local practices in addressing Climate Change and Biodiversity.
This follows the prestigious 2022 Awards which saw recognition being given to innovative practices by our community organisations, primary and secondary schools, higher and further educational institutions, businesses, and individuals, and to the overall 2022 winner (The Wildwood and Kent Wildlife Trusts). The Awards elicited considerable local and media interest not only in Canterbury and were presented by our CCAP Patron, Rt Revd Rose Hudson-Wilkin, Bishop of Dover.
The 2023 Awards will be given to the five categories outlined above plus an additional new category of partnerships and the overall 2023 Canterbury Climate Action Award winner at a ceremony on Saturday 9 December attended by our CCAP Patrons. The Ceremony will be the highlight of a week-long Canterbury Climate Action Festival of activities by CCAP and its many partners and will, significantly, also coincide with the UN Climate Conference, COP28. With extensive focus on Climate and Biodiversity issues throughout 2023, the Awards will hold special resonance this year.
As previously, business and other organisations are invited to sponsor individual Awards, as well as the 2023 Awards Ceremony as follows:
- Sponsorship of specific Award Category (5): £ 500 – 2 already allocated, 4 remaining
- Sponsorship of 2023 overall Award Winner: £1,000
Sponsors will receive full acknowledgement:
- CCAP website and media releases (including logo/short write-up)
- Free public exhibition stall, 9 December (all day)
- Introduction of Award winners at Awards Ceremony, 9 December
- Keynote presentation at Awards Ceremony (Ceremony sponsor)
- Free 2024 corporate partnership of CCAP including invitations to events
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org